Orthopedics & Trauma
Our integrated comprehensive spine services include surgical and non-surgical treatment option, physical therapy and rehabilitation services in one location.
The cases routinely performed (Surgical Management):
- Micro lumbar discectomies (For Prolapse inter vertenial disc)
- Laminectomy & discectomies (For Prolapse inter vertenial disc)
- Spinal Instrumentation for:
- Spinal canal stenosis
- Scoliosis/ Kyphoscoliosis
- Fractures of spine
- Minimally invasive fusion
- Pain Management
- Steroid injection
- Cervical/ lumbar tractions
- Injections- facet joint/nerve root blocks
- Patient care often begins in Galaxy Hospitals casualty. Here our staff works with team of nurses, Trauma specialists to direct the care of each patient.
- After the trauma team has diagnosed and stabilised a patients injuries, the patient may be admitted to the hospital.
- The Orthopaedic trauma service provides emergency Orthopaedic care services to patient with traumatic injuries resulting for M.V.A, Industrial accidents, fall and other mechanism of injury. In addition to acute trauma our surgeons treat also patient with non-union/ malunion of fractures, large tendon ruptures & tears of muscles, Patient with bone infections & complications due to painful hardware/ implants
- Open and closed fractures of upper and lower extremities to include the shoulder, clavicle, scapula, humerus, elbow, radius, ulna & wrist fractures
- Fractures of pelvis & acetabulum, hip, femur,knee,tibia, fibula, ankle & foot.
The total joint replacement service delivers:
- Compassionate, patient- centred care.
- Latest surgical technique.
- Experts in joints arthritis & replacements.
- Excellent modular steel operation theatre. 54 sqm area, spacious with laminar air flow with hepa filters (Efficiency 99.97% down to 0.3) which is ideal for joint replacement surgeries
- Provides excellent pre and post-operative analgesia
Conditions for which joint replacements performed are :
- Arthritis of Hip (Post trauma/OA/RA)
- A.V.N of Hip
- Fracture neck of femur
- Arthritis of knee (Post trauma /OA/RA)
- Arthritis of shoulder( Post traumatic/OA/RA)
- Arthritis of elbow(Post trauma/RA)
Key Hole surgeries (Arthroscopies) are routinely performed in the hospital for injuries of Knee & Shoulders.
Conditions treated arthroscopically are:
- Meniscal injuries ( Shock absorber of knee joint)
- A.C.L (Anterior cruciate Ligament) tears
- Cartilage injuries of knee
- Osteoarthritis(early)of knee
- Shoulder injuries(Labral tears, impingement syndrome, rotator cuff tears)